Business Planning Manager at NMB Bank February, 2021
Reporting line: Chief Wholesale Banking
Work closely with the Chief; Wholesale Banking to plan, execute and review the Wholesale Banking strategy and provide day-to-day support to enable him to focus on key strategic issues and decisions
- Support Chief; Wholesale Banking with the formulation and articulation of a business strategy for Wholesale Banking.
- Assist in waterfalling strategic decisions throughout the organization through presentations, events and internal communiques
- Provide analysis on key revenue drivers and recommend cross-sell and pricing strategies
- Analyze financials, MIS, incoming documentation and highlight key matters/issues to the Chief; Wholesale Banking.
- Periodically track performance against plans, and propose measures to address risks and challenges, through working with the Wholesale Banking Management Committee and the Management Information teams.
- Participate in business forums, that require representation, under the mandate of the Chief; Wholesale Banking
- Develop a strong understanding of the Wholesale Banking business model, impact of new regulatory requirements on the business, and short and long term business and financial goals.
- Generate a good understanding of the Wholesale Banking business, and gain exposure to senior levels of management
- Create detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for Wholesale business.
- Perform professional analysis related to budgeting control, forecasting, accounting and relationship management.
- Work with Wholesale Banking department heads, and Finance Department to complete yearly budget request and justifications both OPEX & CAPEX Budget for financial year, do monthly and quarterly budget review and ensure the Wholesale Banking costs remain within approved budget.
- Review operational, financial records and reports and make recommendations for improvements, work with Wholesale Banking department heads to compile data necessary to analyze and determine operational and financial efficiency.
- Conduct internal/external research on subject matters as required
- Work together with the Chief; Wholesale Banking, Marketing and Corporate Communications departments in terms of internal and external communication processes
- Draft presentations and documentations as required
- Provide administrative support to the Chief; Wholesale Banking as required
- Business understanding of key performance levers of Banking business and products, country banking sector performance
- Knowledge about various accounting and financial concepts and principles
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to think in terms of integrated solutions; logical, rational and shows sound judgement
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing. Must have the ability to listen actively and with interest, and interrogate and interpret information effectively
- Follows defined codes of conduct and ethical principles in a manner that supports the social, ethical and organizational norms; remains honest and objective and lives the NMB values; creates a sense of trust and goodwill through being motivated to always ‘do the right thing’
- Maintains effective job performance, relationships and personal credibility when under pressure; seeks out and responds positively to constructive feedback; remains motivated, focused and displays a positive attitude regardless of difficult circumstances.
- Instils a sense of urgency and motivation to provide output in terms of responsiveness, efficiency and turnaround times; driven to produce high quality work, motivated to achieve own work-related and business goals; drives tasks through to completion
- Continually searches for new ideas and approaches and recommends these; initiates action to achieve goals beyond what is required; solution focused, optimistic and enjoys new challenges
- Must have advanced analytical skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking, Business, Finance or its equivalent
- MBA is an added advantage
- At least 7 years work experience in a reputable Financial Services institution or banking
- 3 years must be in business performance analysis/management fields
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date, then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.”
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 February, 2021