Maize Trust Bursary 2022 Programme
The Maize Trust was founded in August 1998 to promote the South African maize industry. The Trust serves the industry through financial support for institutions and organisations with programmes aimed at market and production related research. The secondary objectives of the Trust are to fund the assimilation and dissemination of market information and to broaden market access for the benefit of the maize industry.
Maize Trust invites qualifying students to apply for Maize Trust Bursary 2022 Programme.
- Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 September 2021
Maize Trust Bursary 2022 Programme
The Maize Trust is inviting students to apply for postgraduate bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for Masters and Doctoral studies, within the maize industry, which are relevant to the maize industry in South Africa, including the following:
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Meteorology
- Agricultural Writers
- Conservation Agriculture
- Data Science
- Demand Planner
- Food Sciences (relevant to the crop industry)
- Livestock Science
- Molecular Biology
- Pasture Science
- Plant Biochemistry
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Entomology
- Plant Nematology
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Physiology
- Plant Virology
- Precision Agriculture
- Seed Applied Technologies
- Soil Microbiology
- Soil Science
- Weed Science
- other related field
The value of the bursary will depend on the level of study:
MSc/ Masters by Dissertation students will receive funding up to R95 000 per annum, for 2 years.
PhD/ Doctoral Research students will receive funding up to R125 000 per annum for 3 years.
The first bursary installment will be paid in January 2022. Bursary funding will be paid according to the submitted and approved progress reports, by the student and their supervisor.
Once students have graduated, they must work within the maize industry of South Africa, for a duration of time equal to that of the bursary received.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to partake in telephonic interviews.
Successful applicants will be notified within 8 weeks of the application closing date – if you do not receive any feedback within this time frame, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Requirements For Maize Trust Bursary
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (Masters by Dissertation or Doctoral qualifications only)
- You must be studying at a tertiary institution recognised by the Maize Trust (University, College or Technikon)
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other funding or bursary awards (unless agreed to by the Trust)
- You must intend on conducting a dissertation/thesis on a topic that has been approved by the Maize Trust
- You must be willing to work within the South African maize industry after completing your studies
- You must have read and agreed to all of the Maize Trust Bursary condition, policies and procedures
- You must agree to the terms of the Legal Undertaking (Section E) on the application form
How to apply Maize Trust Bursary 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or Passport (certified copy – not older than 3 months old)
- Colour ID photo
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of tertiary registration and fee statement (on institutions letterhead) (if not yet available, please submit these documents after being registered)
- Full tertiary academic record, including latest results (on institutions letterhead)
- Details of proposed research, including: working research title, description of research and gantt chart
- Motivational letter to support your application, including: details of your academic abilities, financial need and future career goals
For more information and to apply Visit official webage Maize Trust Bursary