Maritime Law and Maritime Studies Bursary Opportunity Scholarship Programme 2021/2022
Admiralty law or maritime law is a body of law that governs nautical issues and private maritime disputes. Admiralty law consists of both domestic law on maritime activities, and private international law governing the relationships between private parties operating or using ocean-going ships
Maritime Law and Maritime Studies Bursary Opportunity Scholarship 2021/2022
Maritime Law and Maritime Studies Bursary Opportunity is currently looking to fund undergraduates looking for scholarships.
Bursary Opportunities Funding For 2021 And/Or 2022
Five bursaries of R20 000 each are available for research and study expenses of students in the Unit of Maritime Law and Maritime Studies, University of KwaZulu-Natal, for students registered in 2021 or registering in 2022 for Masters or PhD research in Maritime.
Ethekwini Maritime Cluster
Your application should include the following:
- A covering letter outlining your reasons for wanting to do research in maritime.
- A draft research proposal in a maritime topic.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Academic record (and if the student is already enrolled for Masters/PhD also attach a progress report from the supervisor).
- Letter of acceptance to Masters (research) or Phd in maritime at the University of KwaZulu-Natal if only enrolling in 2022 for the first time.
- In line with government employment equity policy preference will be given to applicants from previously disadvantaged groups. EMC, however, encourages all potential candidates with an interest in maritime studies to apply from any background.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted in writing, with all accompanying documents to the administrative officer Ms Veronica Peter, Maritime Studies Unit, at the University of KwaZulu-Natal.