NECTA results 2021/2022, www.necta.go.tz 2021
After Tanzania Mainland had pulled out of the East African Examinations Council, in 1971 and before NECTA was established by Law, in 1973, the Curriculum and Examinations Section of the Ministry of Education was responsible for all examinations. With the establishment of NECTA, the Examinations became its responsibility in accordance with the law. The Curriculum continued to be under the Ministry of Education and the University College, Dar es Salaam until when it was taken over by the newly established, autonomous Institute of Curriculum Development (ICD) in 1975, which in 1993 was renamed as the Tanzania Institute of Education (TIE).
Between 1972 and 1976 the first staff of NECTA were recruited, among them was Mr. P. P Gandye who was recruited in 1972 and later on in 1994 was appointed as Executive Secretary. The other staff members continued to be recruited and especially so when NECTA’s premises moved from the Ministry of Education Headquarters to the present premises at Kijitonyama near Mwenge. Presently the number of NECTA’s staff is more than 250.
The Establishment of NECTA
The National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) is Government Institution which was established by the Parliamentary Act No. 21 of 1973. NECTA is responsible for the administration of all National Examinations in Tanzania.
The decision to establish NECTA was a follow-up of an earlier move, in April 1971, when Tanzania Mainland pulled out of the East African Examinations Council (EAEC) to conduct her own examinations. Zanzibar pulled out of EAEC in 1970. Before the pull out, between 1968 and 1971, Tanzania sat for foreign Secondary School Examinations conducted jointly by the East African Syndicate, which before then were conducted by the Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate alone. The Examinations conducted by the Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate then were the School Certificate and the Higher School Certificate Examinations. The School Certificate Examinations was taken by the African Students for the first time in 1947 and that of the Higher School Certificate in 1960.
NECTA results 2021/2022
Description of ‘Star Codes’ Used by NECTA in Examination Results
* S: Results suspended pending clarification of observed anomalies either in candidates’ entry details, involvement in cases of irregularities or misconduct in the examination.Results suspended due to centers or schools’ failing to meet registration requirements (i.e. centers with less than 35 candidates).
* E: Results withheld, pending proof of candidates’ payment of requisite Examination fees.
* I: INCOMPLETE Results due to candidates’ missing Continous Assessment (CA) scores in all subjects offered.
I: Incomplete results due to candidates’ missing Continous Assessment(CA) scores in one or more subjects offered but not all.
* W: Results withheld/nullified or canceled due to proven candidate’s involvement in cases of dishonesty or irregularities before, during or after the examinations.
* T: Specific subject(s) results are transferred to the previous year after a candidate was proven with illness during the examination.
ABS: Candidate missed to take the Exam.
FLD: Candidate failed the Exam.
X: Candidate did not appear to take the exam for the particular registered subject.
In this page you will Find the most recent NECTA results news and updates from National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) .
All the NECTA Examination Results will be available on this page once they are officially released by NECTA
NECTA Results are normally issued two to three months after finishing the exam. Find details of NECTA exam result release dates on the Important Dates calendar and some useful information below.