New Job Opportunity at help2kids Tanzania – Dar es salaam, Field Manager
help2kids is currently looking for a Field Manager in Tanzania to manage and supervise all of our projects in Dar es Salaam.
help2kids is a young, dynamic Swiss-based NGO in Africa. Our objective is to give some of the most vulnerable children in Tanzania and Malawi access to the basic necessities that all children deserve; education, food, healthcare, shelter so that they can break out of the cycle of poverty and live happy, productive lives.
New Job Opportunity at help2kids Tanzania
We are running the following projects in Dar es Salaam:
- A Day Care Centre for up to 60 children (on our own Campus).
- An Education Sponsorship Program for Nursery & Secondary School children (60+).
- A Health Project covering over 900 children.
- A Partnership with a government Primary School with around 650 children.
- An International and local volunteer program (up to 15 volunteers at one time).
More information about us and our projects can be found here: www.help2kids.org and www.facebook.com/help2kids.
The Field Manager will oversee and work in collaboration with the Swiss Head Office and all other project managers, partners and coordinators in Tanzania to deliver all of our projects in Dar es Salaam
Job Responsibilities and Person Specification:
People Management and Leadership
- Ability to manage, supervise and guide several international staff (Program Managers) and local employees.
- Strong social skills and ability to work with people from all over the world. Work well within a team comprised of local staff, foreign staff and international volunteers.
- Able to lead people in a positive way and to create a positive and supporting atmosphere. We are looking for a “team-player”, an outgoing personality with communication skills, integrity and passion for what we do.
- Experience in working within human resources as you will oversee all areas related to human resources, including staff recruitment, professional development and performance evaluations.
- Management skills – ability to manage various tasks at the same time with an ability to work under pressure whilst ensuring attention to detail. A strong work ethic.
- Project management and international development skills are essential, along with monitoring and evaluating skills and the ability to support and guide the Project Managers to achieve quarterly and yearly goals, and report on and measure impact.
- Flexibility, creativity and open mindedness. You should be highly flexible to adapt quickly to new problems and challenges. With your creativity you should be a “problem-solver” and able to work in a changing environment.
Fundraising and Marketing
- Experience of marketing and communications strategy, planning and implementation.
- Experience with social media including Facebook and Instagram. You should enjoy being a person seen on various social media platforms. You will need to create, set-up and post communications regularly
- Be responsible for update & maintenance of our website and supporting material including social media channels, and all other marketing duties including quarterly newsletter, email marketing campaigns.
- Experience in Fundraising. You should have previous experience in fundraising as you will be responsible for leading the team of project managers in Tanzania to meet their yearly fundraising goals, as well as working with the Head Office in Switzerland to seek out and pursue funding from a variety of avenues. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of online fundraising sites (e.g., DonorSee, GlobalGiving etc.).
Finance and Legal
- You will be responsible for ensuring all regulatory responsibilities and supporting reporting & documentation are completed and submitted to the relevant authorities on time including quarterly & annual NGO reports, annual summary and audited accounts, NGO registration and ensuring the local Tanzanian board is supported effectively in discharging its duties & responsibilities
- Working together with our lawyer and Audit company on site.
- Proficient Accounting skills, experience in managing and developing budgets. You will be responsible for all accounting duties on the ground in Tanzania.
- To be aware of Tanzanian law in relevant areas, and to be up to date with various policy changes in order to ensure compliance with Tanzanian laws and legislations.
- Solid commercial experience including the ability to negotiate and agree sound commercial arrangements with partners & suppliers.
- Have at least 5 years working experience with at least 1 year’s management experience.
- Commitment for at least 1-2 years
- Passion to work in an international environment with a lot of different cultures and to be always present for our children, employees and volunteers if needed.
- Previous experience of working and living in Tanzania or another developing African country.
- Previous experience in the Charity/NGO sector would be advantageous.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree (or similar) in international development, education, public health or a related field; a Master’s degree would be a benefit.
- Have a driver’s license and to be a confident driver.
- Work well under minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Possess a high Level of written and spoken English – the ability to speak either German or Swahili would be advantageous.
- Able to migrate to Tanzania at relatively short.
We are gladly receiving applications from all over the world. We are looking for someone to start at the very latest by 1st August 2021.
Method of Application
Due to the high number of applications we anticipate receiving only successful applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview. Any candidates trying to contact us by telephone and not going through the online application process will be automatically disqualified from applying.
- USD 1,100 per month. There is potential for increase depending on performance and length of stay.
- USD 100 per month travel allowance.
- Visa expenses covered.
- 5 weeks of paid holiday per year.
- Accommodation at our Campus facility. You are also entitled to eat the lunch and evening meals during the week prepared by our cook at the Campus.
- Car (for private use too).
- Provided with company Laptop and Phone.
- Unfortunately, we cannot cover medical benefits or relocation costs.
To apply, please send an email with a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com. Please also specify your earliest available start date.