Position: Manager: Card Issuing
Location: Head Office NBC
Type: Full time
Job ID: R-15907972
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
The ideal candidate for the Card Issuing Product Manager position at NBC Bank will have knowledge of financial products and services and should have experience in analysis and logical problem solving and must possess report writing skills as well as good communications and business skills. This position is responsible for the over-all performance the Bank’s Debit, credit and Prepaid card portfolios for both consumer and commercial cardholders. Collaborate with and at times lead internal strategic partnerships:
• Community Banking & Incredible Bank to optimize welcome, on boarding and retention activities;
• Marketing to promote product awareness;
• Finance to construct income projections; 4) Deposit Operations to provide service level expectations and;
• IT to enhance feature/functionality capability. Manage external partnerships and service providers
- Create and execute a cohesive strategic card product plan that optimizes: debit and prepaid card issuance, activation and utilization and; credit card portfolio performance.
- Champion product development, product enhancements, product elimination, and new feature/functionality that deliver best in class solutions that lead to optimum customer service, quality, accuracy and responsiveness.
- Have command of the intricacies of each card-based payment product and serve as the in-house expert on credit and debit product-related issues.
- Create and track key performance indicators, conduct industry trends and peer group comparisons.
- Work with all levels of management in product development, as well as collaborate with internal departments on evaluation, implementation launch, and ongoing servicing.
- Monitor industry trends consumer/commercial demand and evaluate both financial Institutions and non-traditional competitor practices and pricing. Leverage industry data, market research, key learning’s, and best practices to add value and deliver relevant insights and data rich recommendations.
- Develop annual and ongoing financial forecasts, manage actual variances to plan, including identification of corrective tactics as they develop (across both short and longer-term horizons).
- Provide second level support to achieve company sales goals.
- Responsible for effective enterprise-wide dissemination of knowledge about card-based products and services offered by NBC.
- Serve as lead contact for compliance functions related to card specific regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Experience in a similar environment, Visa Issuing – Visa
Deadline: 30th December, 2020.