New Job Opportunity at Pathfinder International Tanzania – Director, Human Resources and Administration
New Job Opportunity at Pathfinder International Tanzania, Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people can choose their own paths forward.
New Job Opportunity at Pathfinder International Tanzania
Director, Human Resources and Administration
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
New Job Opportunity at Pathfinder International Tanzania. Shall Oversees HR policies and labor laws, employee recruitment and retention, staff productivity and performance management. Oversees procurement processes ajira and policies, Oversees IT functions and logistics. Manages the day-to-day operations of the country office. Shall be a member of Pathfinder International Tanzania Office Senior Management Team, contribution to organizational leadership and growth.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Operations Management: Manages the day-to-day HR, Administration and Procurement operations of the country office. Coordinates all the HR, Admin, IT and Procurement processes for the country program. Oversees facilities and office management functions and directly supervises a small team. Works with external legal counsel to stay up to date on changes in laws impacting Pathfinder and to guide Pathfinder in minimizing or preventing risk in the country office.
- Staffing: Leads HR planning and recruitment efforts including creating job descriptions and recruiting new staff. Manages staff contracts and oversees the performance management process. Resolves staff conflicts. Oversees compliance with labor laws. Prepares LOE Report of Pathfinder staff and partners’ shared staff. Contributes to global HR processes.
- Compensation and Benefits Administration: Oversees implementation of Pathfinder’s compensation policy. Manages compensation and benefits for country program staff, including ensuring adherence to local labor laws and practices and Pathfinder norms, and conducts benefits orientation for new hires.
- Payroll: Collaborates with Finance team to ensure timely and accurate time reporting and payroll.
- Retention Strategies: Leads staff productivity and retention efforts for local staff, including supporting professional growth and development plans. Provides advice and counsel to staff on personnel issues. Directs and coordinates annual performance evaluations for project staff.
- Procurement Process Management: Leads and ensures compliance of the procurement process for goods and services for the country program. Manages warrants and insurance.
- Security: Ensures security guidelines and procedures are established, maintained, updated regularly and adhered to. Monitors the security situation and provides leadership for staff in emergencies
- Policies and Procedures: Improves and innovates policies and procedures for functional areas within HR and Administration.
- Information Technology: Oversees IT systems and operational facilities to support project staff and programming.
- Project Management: Leads, manages, or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Logistics and Procurement Principles and Practices: Advanced knowledge of logistics and procurements principles.
- USAID Procurement Rules and Regulations: Advanced skills in conducting comparative cost analysis per USAID procurement rules and regulations.
- Contract Negotiations: Advanced skills in negotiating vendor contracts.
- Office Management Practices: Advanced knowledge of accepted management practices.
- Leadership and Management: Proven advanced ability to recruit, hire, train, supervise and develop staff.
- HR Standards, Guidelines, and Practices: Advanced knowledge of best practices, guidelines, regulations, and standards for managing Human Resources.
- Employee Life Cycle: Advanced knowledge of the employee life cycle from recruiting through separation of employment.
- PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of HRIS and procurement software applications.
- Payroll Management: Advanced knowledge of payroll administration practices and procedures.
- HR Files and Documentation: Advanced knowledge of legal requirements, procedures and practices for filing and maintaining HR records.
- Labor Law and Practices: Advanced knowledge of the country’s labor laws, regulations and practices.
- Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including strategies and indicators.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills in Kiswahili and English languages.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills, Advanced knowledge of report writing
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: Ability to communicate, collaborate with diverse stakeholders and achieve operational outcomes.
- Matrix Management: Experience and ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related issues.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Operations, Laws or a related field, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies 8 to 10 years’ experience leading HR and Admin functions
- Prefer: Experience of leading HR and Admin functions in international Non-Governmental Organizations
- Prefer: Work experience in procurement and contracts management
MODE OF APPLICATION:
New Job Opportunity at Pathfinder International Tanzania. Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on May 24, 2021. Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, P. O Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via email to Tanzaniaemail@example.com stating the position being applied for in the subject line, or drop your application in a sealed envelope addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, Isale House, Plot No. 891/892/893, Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.