New Job Vacancies at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) – Vendor Prequalification Coordinators
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Vendor Prequalification Coordinators
Position: Vendor Prequalification Coordinator
Contract Type & Duration Permanent Contract.
Job Number: GGM-2021-XFC-01.
Number of Positions: 02.
Works For: Senior Supervisor Procurement and Contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma or Higher Diploma in Procurement and Supply Management / Materials Management / Economics /Engineering /BA /LLB or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of three years’ working experience in Procurement and Supply management, and Project management.
- Understand business objectives to generate project information, action items, schedule, and deliverables for the team.
- Experience with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System, preferably SAP system.
- Dynamic knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain, effective ability to recognize opportunities and suggest ideas, achieve cost savings and streamline current processes to increase internal productivity
Purpose of the Role:
- To undertake Expression of Interests (EOI) evaluations by providing technical, analytical, administration and coordination of Prequalification of Vendors who express interest of doing business with Geita Gold Mining Limited in line with the Local Content Regulation 2018
Main or Key Accountabilities:
The Vendor Prequalification Coordinator duties will be the following and not limited to:
- Review requisition from end user including evaluation criteria before issue Expression of Interest to the public.
- Management of Expression of Interest from preparing the adverts, setting selection criteria, Mining Commission Notification and evaluation process
- To perform due diligence on vendors
- Ability to interpret vendor financial statements.!
- Ability to verify and validate vendor statements of past experiences
- Maintains files of completed Expression of interest
- Ability to verify vendor submitted company documents including documents related to industry specific, documents related to industry specific requirements (e.g. CRB, ERB, TMDA, ICMI, etc.).
- Ability to verify vendors compliance to Local Content regulations.
- Prepare Management reporting on agreed key performance areas
- Flexibility to undertake any duty related to the role.
- Maintain confidentiality of documents and correspondence.
- Displaying a sound knowledge of interpreting and applying Procurement Policies and Operating Guidelines.
- Experience to priorities conflicting demands, ability to perform duties with minimum supervision and to meet required deadlines
- Management reporting on agreed key performance areas.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems, to develop new processes and procedures in response to changing working environment.
- Good Microsoft Skills
- Good Analytical abilities
- Good problem-solving skills
- Is a stronger negotiator
- Ability to work as a team member and contribute to a positive team environment.
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be Vendor Prequalification Coordinator and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
P.O. Box 532,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental Senior Officer Human Resources. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 02nd February 2021 – 17hr30.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.