New Job Vacancy at Aga Khan University (AKU) – Quality Assurance Officer
Quality Assurance Officer
The Aga Khan University (AKU) is an institution of academic excellence fostering social development. This not-for-profit, university was first established in 1983. It is a non-denominational institution open to all, irrespective of religion, ethnicity, gender or national origin. Guided by the principles of impact, quality, relevance and access this university has campuses and programmes in Medical, Nursing and Teacher Education in East Africa, Pakistan and United Kingdom. The university is looking for a candidate with a keen eye in ensuring that the university provides quality services.
The Aga Khan University (AKU) invites applications for the position of Quality Assurance Officer based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania:
Position: Quality Assurance Officer
A bright, efficient, helpful and pleasant person who will report to the Associate Director, Quality Assurance and Improvement at the Network of Quality, Teaching and Learning (QTL). The Quality Assurance Officer will be responsible for meeting the regulatory bodies’ quality assurance requirements in East Africa (including Higher education bodies such as TCU, CUE and UNCHE/IUCEA) as well as operational management of Quality Assurance improvement at Aga Khan University.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Compliance with Regulatory bodies / higher education Commissions’ in East Africa
- Monitor and review the University QA procedures and align with regulatory bodies in East Africa standards and guidelines for University education.
- Keep track of and ensure legal compliance required by regulatory bodies / higher education Commissions’ in Uganda (NCHE), Kenya (CUE) and TCU/TUQAF Tanzania in University operations such as online admission system’s robustness and Quality Assurance of Programmes.
- Support to ensure that the Admissions and QA processes are clear and transparent.
- Conduct QA review analysis of various QA reports for the University’s Quality Assurance and Review Committee (QARC) and other activities.
- Produce QA reports required for Commissions.
- Compliance with regulatory procedures and processes.
- Act as a secretary for the University’s Quality Assurance Review Committee (QARC) meetings and its designated sub-committees and documentation.
- Coordinate and produce various QA programmatic data, including students and faculty required by Commissions in East African countries, Pakistan, and the UK.
- Protect QTL and University data and follow the University’s data and compliance policy and procedures.
- Ensure that data submission to Commissions is correct and meets the legal requirements.
- Identify areas that do not meet TCU requirements.
- Maintain QA records and appropriate documentation.
- Reviews and QAI Strategic Plan Academic Quality Framework (AQF)
- Assist the Associate Director in implementing the QAI Strategic Plan 2020-2025.
- Support in cyclical reviews of AKU academic programmes including self-assessment and external reviews of academic programmes and units.
- Support in conducting cyclical review and self-assessment training for faculty members of the University.
- Support by developing programmes and procedures
- Ensure the University’s online admission aligns with regulatory requirements and standards of Commissions in East Africa, particularly Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Support in implementation of Academic Quality Framework (AQF).
- Work and collaborate with the Senior Assistant, QTL based in Pakistan.
- Represent AKU in various Commissions’ meetings in East Africa including TCU/TUQAF
- Any other work as assigned by the Associate Director or Vice provost, Quality, Teaching and Learning including support for Pakistan.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Master’s in Social Science, Quality Management or Business Administration.
- Training in higher education quality e.g. with IUCEA, IQA initiatives
- At least 3-5 years of direct experience of managing Quality Assurance operations and activities in higher education
- Strong track record of leading and managing QA projects and deliverables on time
- Should be able to work under pressure and within a complex environment and organization
- Experience in information gathering and data analysis skills
- Experience of working in a data management capacity within education
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within QTL in Pakistan/East Africa and outside
- Understanding the context in which the education regulatory bodies/Commissions’ exists and operates
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written including excellent report writing and minutes
- Should have an eye for detailed work
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates meeting the above requirements, seeking professional growth and excellent work environment should forward their letter of application, Curriculum Vitae and testimonials (postal and email) of three references to the Human Resources Office, Aga Khan University, P.O. Box 125, Dar es Salaam; Fax (+255) (0) 22 2150875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For further information, please visit http://www.aku.edu
Application Deadline: 19th February, 2021.