New Job Vacancy at GIZ Tanzania – Advisor for Social Accountability
Advisor for Social Accountability
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
New Job Vacancy at GIZ Tanzania, 2021
GIZ is looking to fill the position of an Advisor for Social Accountability in the Good Financial Governance Programme (GFG) in Tanzania.
The GFG Programme is a technical assistance measure implemented by GIZ on behalf of BMZ and co-financing partners European Union and Switzerland. Its key objective is to strengthen Tanzania’s public finance system in accordance with good financial governance principles of efficiency, transparency and accountability. This is expected to improve the financing of basic services for the programme’s target group, the Tanzanian population. The programme has four components/Fields of Action (FoA), namely: external audit (FoA 1), internal audit (FoA 2), domestic resource mobilization (FoA 3) and social accountability (FoA 4).
Duty station: Dar es Salaam, with frequent travel to partner Local Government Authorities across Tanzania
Fixed term contract
The Advisor is responsible for
- Contributing to the objectives of GIZ’s Good Financial Governance (GFG) programme in the field of action on ‘social accountability’, with a particular focus on the local level.
- Managing support to various partner organisations (civil society organisations) in pilot Local Governance Authorities (LGAs).
- Contributing to FoA4 innovation and knowledge management.
- Facilitates capacity building measures for partner CSOs and LGAs.
- Provides technical advice on advocacy initiatives of partner organisations.
- Assists the head of FoA4 in the technical and administrative implementation of activities, as well as monitoring and reporting of achievements.
- Provides technical advice on the concept of accountability, citizens’ participation and collaboration in developing instruments and mechanisms to promote local citizens’ participation in public finances.
- Deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and trainings on issues connected with the project/programme’s area of activity
- Collaborates and assists with the design, planning and implementation of activities at the programme level and in other FoAs.
- Supports public relations and communication processes within the programme as needed.
- Supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Represents GFG/FoA4 in donor coordination meetings Required qualifications, competences and experience Qualifications
- Degree in Social Sciences (political sciences, public administration, economics or similar specialisations)
- At least 7 years of recent and relevant work experience in social accountability and good governance, preferably at the local level
- Knowledge and experience in social accountability tools and processes, as well as citizens’ participation are essential.
- Practical experience in working with civil society organisations is essential.
- Knowledge of good governance and experience in working with Tanzania government authorities and civil society organizations is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of the Tanzanian reform agenda in the field of Public Financial Management (PFM) is desirable.
- Experience in producing effective verbal and written communications is expected.
- IT-skills in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint are expected.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Swahili are expected.
Interested candidates are requested to send their letter of application together with the CV and academic certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject line ‘Advisor Social Accountability’
Closing date for submission: 24.06.2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.