New Job Vacancy at NRC, March 2021; New Job Vacancy at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) – Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
About the Team
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
Posting Date 03/23/2021, 2:11 PM
Apply Before 04/09/2021, 1:11 PM
Kibondo, Tanzania, United Republic of
Job Identification 1300
Job Category Monitoring and Evaluation
Degree Level Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule Full time
New Job Vacancy at NRC, March 2021
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
Training and staff capacity building
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
- Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, or Power B
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and team working skills
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Advanced English Language level (Business English is a plus)
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis (SPSS preferred)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Proven presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments
For more information here is the detailed >>>> Job Description
Duty station: Kibondo
Duration and type of contract: Fixed Term Contract