New Volunteering Opportunities at UNV, New Volunteering Opportunities at The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) – Talent Pool Specialist
Talent Pool Specialist
Host entity UNV
Country United Republic of Tanzania
Duty station Dar es Salaam (TZA)
Language skills English,Swahili
Start date Immediate
Duration 3 months
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
New Volunteering Opportunities at UNV
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Tanzania UNV Country Coordinator, and in coordination with UNV Regional Office for East and Southern Africa and the Talent Acquisition team at UNV HQ, the National UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Review the existing candidate talent pool for Tanzania; categorize registered candidates as per different occupational categories following the UNV Programme’s taxonomy.
- Review candidates profiles/CVs under different occupational categories high in demand; request candidates to update their online profiles (providing guidance on the missing elements) and in consultation with the Talent Acquisition team in UNV HQ
- In consultation with UNV Regional Office and UNV HQ, establish qualitative criteria that candidates need to be added to the vetted talent pool,
- Assess the needs of UN partners for national UN Volunteers and create a fit-gap analysis between the demand for and supply of profiles/CVs in the talent pool,
- Generate targeted calls for applications to strengthen the National Talent Pool in areas in demand with an objective of engaging Tanzania nationals as UN Volunteers within and outside country,
- Regularly review the National Talent Pool and provide suggestions for talent outreach partners and channels that can support the attraction of high quality profiles available at the disposal of UN Agencies in Tanzania
- Record talent sources and activities in UNV’s Client Relationship Management system and contribute to knowledge exchange on talent sourcing by sharing good practices and lessons learned.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Human Resource or any other related field required
Required experience: 36 Months
- At least three years of experience in data base management/administration.
- Previous experience in designing outreach materials and use of social media
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili is required
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Swahili(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Human resources management and development
Area of expertise details:
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 03rd June, 2021.
Volunteer opportunity PDF