Prevention Officer at MDH (3 Posts)
Prevention Officer at MDH, Management and Development for Health (MDH) “Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non–profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large.
Prevention Officer at MDH (3 Posts)
POSITION: Prevention Officer (3 Posts)
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Regional Program Manager (RPM)/ Regional Clinical and SI Manager (RCSIM)
The Prevention Officer (PO) will be responsible to ensure that MDH supported health facilities (HFs) meet national and PEPFAR standards on the recommended HIV prevention and related services. She/He will coordinate implementation of all MDH supported prevention services in collaboration with Regional/Council Health Management Team (R/CHMT) and other key stakeholders. These services include: Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Violence against children (VAC) prevention, Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP), Cervical Cancer Screening and Prevention (CECAP), Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT), Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) services, adolescent and youth friendly services (AYFS), Sexual Transmitted Infections (STIs) Management, Family Planning (FP) and others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with and support R/CHMTs and HFs in the provision and scale up of recommended prevention services including:
- Identifying skills gaps and support capacity building of Health Care Providers (HCPs) through training, mentorship, CMEs and other modalities per national guidelines.
- Support provision of minimum package of prevention services across supported HFs.
- Coordinate demand creation activities for recommended prevention services to target priority population through sensitization meetings, SBCC, IEC materials and others.
- Support monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) of prevention services including data collection, quality assurance, analysis, reporting and data utilization.
- To contribute towards development, review and dissemination of national guidelines, SOPs, job aids, IECs, training manuals, M&E and others tools for prevention services.
- To contribute towards developing work-plans, budgets and reports related to MDH’s prevention activities and services.
- To provide technical advice to her/his RPM/RCSIM, R/CHMTs on all prevention programming, activities and services.
- To participate in analysis, documentation and dissemination of MDHs’ prevention work through writing abstracts, posters, manuscripts, policy briefs, conference presentation and others.
- To contribute towards expanding MDH’s portfolio in supporting comprehensive prevention services through participating in writing grants and operational research proposals.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or other related health field.
- Master’s degree in a health-related field will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years of experience working in PEPFAR HIV/AIDS Programs.
- Demonstrable competencies in HIV prevention programming, services and research.
- Experience working with R/CHMTs, HFs and HCPs on health programs and services.
- Fluent in both written and oral English and Swahili languages.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.