Regulatory Compliance Specialist at VODACOM Tanzania, New Job Vacancy at VODACOM Tanzania – Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Date Posted: 28-May-2021
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
Regulatory Compliance Specialist at VODACOM Tanzania
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Purpose & Key Responsibilities
- To support the Head of Risk & Compliance in ensuring compliance with industry specifications, standards, regulations and laws and embedded business risk management function to discharge their responsibilities relating to compliance monitoring and assurance as required by relevant regulatory requirements, applicable codes of conduct and minimum standards.
- To continuously monitor compliance with laws and regulations by the organisation and thereby facilitate the establishment of a compliance culture in the organisation that contributes to prudent risk management.
- Review operational practices, create and enforce compliance plans, and perform regulatory risk management in order to prevent regulatory fines or penalties through early identification of potential areas of non-compliance.
- Key accountabilities:
- Utilise relevant input in formulating a flexible annual monitoring plan and Co-ordinate planning within the compliance department and other assurance providers to ensure efficient coverage of regulatory compliance risk.
- In alignment with methodology execute Regulatory Compliance reviews which are strategic, thematic and structural, to deliver the required level of assurance.
- Regularly follow-up on issues raised in reviews to ensure successful resolution of the remedial actions.
- Monitor (on an on-going basis) in conjunction with the combined assurance structure, the adherence to the Compliance Governance-, legal- and regulatory standards in order to identify further areas of improvement and detect significant compliance breaches and exposures.
- Understand the business to effectively identify and manage the risk areas from a monitoring perspective. Fostering and maintaining relationships with key assurance providers in the group and business
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and developments in the regulatory environment
- Legal or Audit qualifications
- Comprehensive understanding of the telecom and financial sector statutory, regulatory and business environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Telecom/ financial services industry, of which 3 years in the Compliance or audit function in an international bank or telecommunication.
- Exposure to monitoring / auditing principles
- Self-motivated, professional and able to maintain confidence when under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Controlling Risk
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management Process
- Risk and Compliance
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.