Step-by-step instructions for submitting online assignments via myUnisa, Unisa would like its students to excel in their studies and to be adequately prepared for their exams. This is why we insist that all of our students submit a number of assignments per course before they are eligible to take an exam.
Unisa Assignment Submission Method
All assignment should be submitted online through the internet using myUnisa site. You have to login as a myUnisa user and assign yourself a password before you can use the online assignment submission features on myUnisa. MyUnisa may only be used by students who enrolled for the current academic year. Using myUnisa, you can submit written and multiple-choice assignment for formal courses online.
Step-by-step instructions for submitting online assignments via myUnisa
SUBMITTING ASSIGNMENTS VIA MYUNISA
- Use a ﬁle format that can be uploaded to myUnisa. These formats are listed in the “Specify the type of ﬁle” drop-down list on the submission screen.
- A pdf ﬁle is the preferred option (formatting and layout is retained). Please do not submit assignments in write protected/read only pdf formats.
- Use only the Adobe pdf format. Information on pdf converters can be found on the myUnisa homepage under “Electronic resources”.
- Navigate to the assignments tool on myUnisa to start the process. When you click “Continue”, your assignment will be uploaded to the Unisa network. This may take several minutes depending on the size of your assignment and the speed of your internet connection.
- Once the assignment is received, its details will be displayed on your screen for ﬁnal checking. You can either go back and make corrections or click on “Submit assignment” to submit it.
- Ensure that your answers to multiple-choice questions are ready before connecting to the internet. It will cost you money to work out answers while online. Check for mistakes before submitting an assignment.
DON’T WAIT UNTIL THE CLOSING DATE TO SUBMIT YOUR ASSIGNMENT
Try to submit your assignments at least 3 working days before the due date, as you may experience unforeseen problems (e.g. your internet connection is down) on the day you want to submit your assignment.
Any documents/assignments uploaded to myUnisa must be virus free. If you repeatedly submit documents with viruses, you may lose the right to use myUnisa.
Assignments of modules offered fully online must be submitted online. Hard copy assignments submitted for online modules will be returned to the student unmarked.
- Assignments submitted via myUnisa which are marked onscreen (except multiple-choice question assignments, blogs, portfolios and discussion forums) will be available for viewing on myUnisa.
- Notiﬁcation of the marked assignment (together with a link) will be sent to your myLife e-mail account.
- Download your marked assignment, so that you have access to it even when you are offline.
- Unisa’s Assignment Division will not accept requests to cancel assignments submitted via myUnisa. It is your responsibility to ensure that the content of your assignment is correct before you submit it via myUnisa.