U.S. Embassy in Tanzania-ASSHF Funding Opportunities
Funding Opportunity Title: Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Program
Funding Opportunity Number: AF-TZ-SSH-GR-2021
Deadline for Applications: June 1, 2021
Assistance Listing Number: 19.700
Anticipated Award Amount: $50,000
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Program. The U.S. Mission Dar es Salaam will be accepting applications now and are due by 11:59 pm on June 1, 2021 for the Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Program. This program aims to support a wide variety of small-scale community-based initiatives that promote self-reliance, foster development through innovation, and promise an immediate and dramatic effect on local communities. The SSH philosophy is to help communities ready to help themselves.
Each project is expected to:
- Improve basic economic or social conditions at the community or village level;
- Support high-impact, quick-implementation activities that benefit a large number of people within one year without requiring further SSH assistance;
- Involve a significant local contribution in cash, labor, or material, and be within the ability of the local community to operate and maintain;
- Be in direct response to the initiative and aspirations of the local community (the local sponsors of the project, who will also be its prime beneficiaries); and
- Not initiate, continue, or supplement technical assistance programs.
For more information check out our Annual Program Statement on how to apply.
We are now accepting applications for the Ambassador’s Special Self-Help grant!
Projects may be focused on Water, Health & Hygiene, Environment, Education, and Income Generation. For more information on how to apply → CLICK HERE
Project proposals due to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2021
NOTE: Please Use Computer- Adobe Reader To View The downloaded PDF Files-Get Adobe reader
ASSHF Additional Resources
Mandatory Application Forms
- SF-424 (Application for Federal Assistance)
- SF424A (Budget)
- SF424B (Assurances)
- SSH Proposal Template (PDF 412KB)