Fully Funded | University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) 2021/2022 for Study in South Africa
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at the University of Pretoria (UP) for full time postgraduate study is open to students who have already completed a bachelor’s degree and are residents or citizens of an African country. This Program targets academically qualified yet economically disadvantaged, young people in Africa who will go back to contribute to the transformation of their countries.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- A modest monthly stipend
- Textbooks and printed material
- Medical aid cover for the duration of the study
- VISA costs
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Leadership development opportunities
- Academic advising and counselling support
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the Honours or Masters (Political Studies or International Studies only)
- Faculty of Engineering – continuing students are eligible to apply
- In order to apply for the scholarship, you MUST have been admitted into a degree at UP. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents as outlined in the application form.
- Be sure to include documents that support what your family, guardian or foster
- parents can afford to pay. Examples of such documentation include bank
- statements, pay slips and loan documents.
- Only students admitted to full-time study at UP will be considered for the scholarship.
- Only prospective students who cannot afford to pay the full fees are eligible to apply. Do not apply for funding if you or your parents, guardian or foster parents can afford the full tuition fees.
- All the information provided must be accurate and true. Any falsification of
- information on the application form may result in disqualification from consideration for a scholarship.
How to apply
You may apply online at www.up.ac.za/apply.
To use the online Application system, you will need Internet access and an email address that you can access regularly. As soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form to the following address:
University of Pretoria
Student Service Centre
The application will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty and you will be informed of the outcome.
Postgraduate applicants are required to have their certificate verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please visit www.saqa.org.za
Download application forms for the MCFSP from www.up.ac.za/mcfsp.
Application enquiries can be directed to:
Application Deadline: 31 October 2021
For More Information:
CLICK HERE TO—->>>>Visit the Official Webpage of the University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) 2021/2022